When there are two big guys teamed up together, we know something BIG is going to happen around us! The Southeast Asia's leading Internet TV service provider, iflix, and Malaysia's leading telecommunications service provider, Digi Telecommunication Sdn Bhd had teamed up to provide iflix's world-class service to Digi customers in Malaysia.
In accordance with the strategic agreement, Digi customers will get:
- Added convenience to pay for their iflix subscriptions via postpaid bills or prepaid credit, eliminating the need for entering credit card details
- An additional 60-day access to iflix's service without charge
- Free extra 1GB Digi's internet data quota per month to stream iflix up to 31 March 2016 (only for iflix's monthly plan subscribers)
iflix Malaysia Group COO and CEO, Azran Osman-Rani, said the partnership would allow Malaysians to access the world's best TV shows and movies anytime, anywhere. He also added that their partnership with Digi allows them to further deliver on this commitment by bringing together two companies with a common vision, and a focus on innovative initiatives designed to create awesome experiences for Malaysians on their mobile devices.
“As a movie buff who also enjoys my fair share of TV, I’m certain that many fans have been crying out for a service like this for a long time. iflix's high quality, on-demand video streaming can be enjoyed conveniently on any mobile device while on the go, which is great for those looking to take a break from a long day or during their commute. We are excited to partner with iflix to bring this service to all our customers,” said Christian Thrane, Digi's Chief Marketing Officer.
What you didn't know about iflix?
- Currently strongly presence in Malaysia, Thailand and the Philippines
- In the coming months, iflix plans to expand its presence to additional key Southeast Asian markets
- iflix has over 200,000 subscribers in less than 3 months since launch
- Offers largest library of top U.S., Asian, and local TV shows and movies
- Allow access on 5 internet capable devices per subscription, anytime, anywhere
- Priced at only RM8 per month for unlimited access
It was certainly a great launch event organised by the team. Sharing some photos which were up on social media during the event.